Slip & fall accidents are typical in a densely populated residential urban areas like New York City. Common injuries range from:
- Slipping on a hazard left underfoot like a pothole, depression, raised portion of cement or steps
- Slipping on an unnatural buildup of ice or snow
- Tripping on liquid or debris negligently left on the floor
- Tripping over an object that is misplaced causing a hazardous condition for those around
- Falling from a terrace, balcony or parking ramp
- Incurring an injury due to negligent conditions found in crosswalks, sidewalk, parking lots, stairwells, or simply the premises of a commercial establishment or a private residence.
What To Do When You Have Been Involved in a Slip & Fall Accident
We recommend the following:
- Photos: Take photographs of the scene of the accident, your clothing and shoes and any bruising, cuts, scrapes or required stitches or casts to document your injury.
- Witnesses: If someone witnesses your fall, try to get their name, address and telephone number.
- Accident Report: If you suffer injuries in a store, whether a department store or grocery store, make sure you file an accident report. You can do this by asking for the manager. They will then document your version of the accident. This will prove to be valuable in representing you for your injuries. Unless you are unable, make sure you obtain a copy of the accident report before you leave.
- Evidence: Save the item that caused your fall if possible. For example, if you slipped on a piece of fruit or a vegetable, place the item in a plastic bag and freeze it. You may also want to safeguard the shoes you were wearing at the time of the fall. These can be placed in a plastic bag and taped shut to preserve any matter stuck to your shoe.
Every slip and fall accident is unique so, it is to your benefit to hire an experienced slip and fall lawyer.
Why Choose Sinel Law?
Sinel & Associates, PLLC successfully handles a slip and fall cases against negligent property owners, property management companies and the City of New York. We review every page of every medical report and our reputable team of medical specialists, experts, and nurses will come to Court to testify on your behalf. This dedication and diligence allows us to to achieve superior results for many of our clients.
Call Sinel Law at 212.465.1000 to receive a free consultation about the claims that you may have after suffering from a slip and fall accident. We will fight to bring you justice.