At one time or another we all go to hospitals. As a patient you have the right to expect quality medical care and treatment. The unfortunate reality is that there are often tragic outcomes that are the result of medical malpractice which should never occur.
Hospital negligence is one of our primary sources of concentration at Sinel & Associates. Hospital negligence occurs when there are “departures in the standards of good and accepted medical practices” that one should be able to expect in the local medical community given the current state of medical treatment and technology. These departures in the standard of care can stem from negligent treatment on the part of Doctors, Surgeons, Specialists, Lab Technicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurses Aides, Therapists, Administrators, Pharmacists and any other member of the Hospital Staff whose conduct, actions, or inaction, causes injuries and suffering that should not have occurred.
Examples of hospital negligence include:
- Failure to provide proper medication or medical devices
- Failure to provide proper monitoring and supervision
- Failure to order consultations to other medical specialists
- Failure to diagnose cancer or other illnesses in a timely fashion
- Failure to prevent infection and amputation
- Negligently leaving behind a foreign body or surgical instrument in the body after a procedure
- Failure to turn and position the patient resulting in bed sores, pressure sores or decubitus ulcers
- Failure to perform a medical procedure or surgery properly
- Failure to warn patient of risks of a surgery or medical procedure
- Failure to keep family members informed regarding medical decision making and
- Failure to provide safe and proper discharge instructions.
Why Choose Sinel Law?
Sinel & Associates, PLLC successfully handles a large volume of cases against hospitals when their employees are negligent. We review every page of every medical report and our reputable team of medical specialists, experts, and nurses will come to Court to testify on your behalf. This dedication and diligence allows us to to achieve superior results for many of our clients.
Call Sinel Law at 212.465.1000 to receive a free consultation about the claims that you may have after suffering from hospital negligence. We will fight to bring you justice.